Five years ago, a U.S.-led coalition of troops invaded Iraq. Jordan and Syria have borne the weight of the exodus of more than 2 million Iraqis from their homeland. Only 3,000 Iraqis fleeing from the war have been resettled in the United States. Education Week looks at the impact of a new policy in Jordan to open its public schools to Iraqi children regardless of their legal status in the country. Many of those refugees missed as many as four years of school. And many are still out of school despite the new policy.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal - Tamalpais High School
- Tamalpais Union High School District, Mill Valley, CA
- Executive Principal of The Academies of Shakopee High School
- Shakopee Public Schools, Shakopee, MN
- Spanish Dual Immersion 7th Grade ( Language Arts / Social Studies ) Teacher
- Burlingame School District, Burlingame, CA
- Vice President for Education
- The Possible Project, Cambridge, MA
- Director of Operations, Buildings & Grounds
- Rutland South Supervisory Union, North Clarendon, VT