Iraqi Schoolchildren: 5 Years of War
Five years ago this month, a U.S.-led coalition of troops invaded Iraq. Since the invasion, Mary Ann Zehr, an assistant editor at Education Week, has reported on the U.S. government's involvement in education reform in that country and Washington's eventual decision in June 2006 to withdraw financial support for Iraq's schools. Her reporting has included interviews with Iraqi education officials, teachers, students, and parents, as well as U.S. officials and others involved with the schooling of Iraqi children. Recently, Ms. Zehr traveled to Amman, Jordan, to see how displaced Iraqi children were faring.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Engineering & Robotics Instructor
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Assistant Dean of Teaching & Learning (K-6)
- Pennsylvania Virtual Charter School, King Of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer, Professional Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, OR
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Tamalpais Union High School District, Larkspur, CA
- SAGA TUTOR
- SAGA Innovations, Multiple Locations