Iraqi Schoolchildren: 5 Years of War
Five years ago this month, a U.S.-led coalition of troops invaded Iraq. Since the invasion, Mary Ann Zehr, an assistant editor at Education Week, has reported on the U.S. government's involvement in education reform in that country and Washington's eventual decision in June 2006 to withdraw financial support for Iraq's schools. Her reporting has included interviews with Iraqi education officials, teachers, students, and parents, as well as U.S. officials and others involved with the schooling of Iraqi children. Recently, Ms. Zehr traveled to Amman, Jordan, to see how displaced Iraqi children were faring.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Early Childhood Special Education Teacher (Bilingual or ELL)
- Glenview School District 34, Glenview, IL
- School Director - UAE - January 2018
- Edvectus, School - Middle East, United Arab Emirates
- Superintendent/Executive Director
- Special Education District of Lake County, Gages Lake, IL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Laurel School District, Laurel, MS
- Assistant Coordinator 2, CTD (Evanston Campus)
- Northwestern University, Evanston, IL