Iraqi Schoolchildren: 5 Years of War
Five years ago this month, a U.S.-led coalition of troops invaded Iraq. Since the invasion, Mary Ann Zehr, an assistant editor at Education Week, has reported on the U.S. government's involvement in education reform in that country and Washington's eventual decision in June 2006 to withdraw financial support for Iraq's schools. Her reporting has included interviews with Iraqi education officials, teachers, students, and parents, as well as U.S. officials and others involved with the schooling of Iraqi children. Recently, Ms. Zehr traveled to Amman, Jordan, to see how displaced Iraqi children were faring.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Schools Officer
- Santa Clara County Office of Education, San Jose, CA
- Design and launch a new startup Choice School in Dallas ISD
- Dallas Independent School District, Dallas, TX
- Mathematics & Computer Science Teacher
- First State Military, DE
- Superintendent, Rockridge CUSD #300, IL
- Rockridge Community Unit School District #300, IL, Taylor Ridge, IL
- Seeking Ambitious Ed Entrepreneurs For Fellowship
- Bluum, Boise, ID