Iraqi Schoolchildren: 5 Years of War
Five years ago this month, a U.S.-led coalition of troops invaded Iraq. Since the invasion, Mary Ann Zehr, an assistant editor at Education Week, has reported on the U.S. government's involvement in education reform in that country and Washington's eventual decision in June 2006 to withdraw financial support for Iraq's schools. Her reporting has included interviews with Iraqi education officials, teachers, students, and parents, as well as U.S. officials and others involved with the schooling of Iraqi children. Recently, Ms. Zehr traveled to Amman, Jordan, to see how displaced Iraqi children were faring.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Managing Director, Alumni and Network Services
- The Broad Center, Century City, CA
- DIRECTOR, SCHOOL SAFETY & SECURITY
- Sarasota County School District, Sarasota, FL
- Head of School - Rindge Avenue Upper School
- Cambridge Public Schools, Cambridge, MA
- Operations Manager, Alumni and Network Services
- The Broad Center, CA
- Operations Associate, Alumni and Network Services
- The Broad Center, Multiple Locations