The Common Core State Standards have been reshaping the American education landscape for four years, leaving their mark on curriculum and instruction, professional development, teacher evaluation, the business of publishing, and the way tests are designed. In this special report, Education Week explores how the initial vision for the standards—and for aligned assessments—is now bumping up against reality in states, school districts, and local communities.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
May 21, 2014, 2 p.m. ET:
Tale of Two Districts: Differing Curricular Journeys to the Common Core
One school district in Florida and another in California faced the same problem: They needed new curricula for the common core. But they solved that problem in very different ways.
- Amplify Education, Inc., Brooklyn, NY
- Director of Assessment
- DE DOE, Dover, DE
- Teachers Needed - All Academic Subject Areas
- Broward County Public Schools, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Learning Disabilities Special Education Teacher
- Stevens Point Area Public School District, WI
- Cristo Rey Fort Worth, Fort Worth, TX