The Common Core State Standards have been reshaping the American education landscape for four years, leaving their mark on curriculum and instruction, professional development, teacher evaluation, the business of publishing, and the way tests are designed. In this special report, Education Week explores how the initial vision for the standards—and for aligned assessments—is now bumping up against reality in states, school districts, and local communities.
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
May 21, 2014, 2 p.m. ET:
Tale of Two Districts: Differing Curricular Journeys to the Common Core
One school district in Florida and another in California faced the same problem: They needed new curricula for the common core. But they solved that problem in very different ways.
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Chief Financial Officer
- Idaho Charter School Network, Boise, ID