The Common Core State Standards have been reshaping the American education landscape for four years, leaving their mark on curriculum and instruction, professional development, teacher evaluation, the business of publishing, and the way tests are designed. In this special report, Education Week explores how the initial vision for the standards—and for aligned assessments—is now bumping up against reality in states, school districts, and local communities.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
May 21, 2014, 2 p.m. ET:
Tale of Two Districts: Differing Curricular Journeys to the Common Core
One school district in Florida and another in California faced the same problem: They needed new curricula for the common core. But they solved that problem in very different ways.
- Principal - All Levels
- Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore, MD
- Director, Instructional Resource Development, Advanced Placement (AP®) with WE Service Program
- WE Charity, New York, NY
- General Posting - Principal, High School 2017-18
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools, Virginia Beach, VA
- Trenton Public Schools, Trenton, NJ
- Middle School Language Arts
- St. Vrain Valley School District, Longmont, CO