New Charter-Advocacy Lobby Forms With Walton Funding
A new high-powered lobbying group, funded with $900,000 from the Walton Family Foundation, has been formed to push the expansion of charter schools in Florida, and it expects to have an inside track with state officials. The Florida Charter School Alliance's board of directors includes Jim Horne, a former state commissioner of education; Patricia Levesque, the head of former Gov. Jeb Bush's Foundation for Excellence in Education; Tom Majdanics, the director of the KIPP Jacksonville charter schools; and John Kirtley, who heads Step Up for Students, a group that collects corporate donations to send children to...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ