News in Brief
Judge Blocks Immigration Law
A federal judge has temporarily blocked enforcement of Alabama's new law on illegal immigration, saying she needed more time to decide whether the law requiring schools to verify the citizenship status of students is constitutional. Among other provisions, the law orders the Alabama Department of Education to report each year the numbers of students believed to be undocumented and itemize the cost to the state of providing them instruction, computers, textbooks, and other support.
Vol. 31, Issue 03, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL