News in Brief
Judge Blocks Immigration Law
A federal judge has temporarily blocked enforcement of Alabama's new law on illegal immigration, saying she needed more time to decide whether the law requiring schools to verify the citizenship status of students is constitutional. Among other provisions, the law orders the Alabama Department of Education to report each year the numbers of students believed to be undocumented and itemize the cost to the state of providing them instruction, computers, textbooks, and other support.
Vol. 31, Issue 03, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY