Judge Blocks State-Mandated Contracts
A judge last week blocked the Indiana education department from using new teacher-contract forms that would have allowed school districts to change the hours or days that teachers work without adjusting their pay. Marion County Superior Court Judge Patrick McCarty ruled that nothing in state law allows the state to contravene general contract principles and laws that have been established and govern in Indiana.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Florence Public School District One, Florence, SC
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY