News in Brief
Judge Denies Stay in Desegregation Case
A federal appeals court declined to stay a ruling that allows Arkansas to end most desegregation funding for three school districts. The Little Rock district requested an emergency stay after U.S. District Judge Brian Miller last month ruled that the state could end nearly $70 million in annual desegregation payments to the districts. Little Rock argued that the loss of funds would lead to teacher layoffs.
Vol. 30, Issue 35, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ