News in Brief
Judge Denies Stay in Desegregation Case
A federal appeals court declined to stay a ruling that allows Arkansas to end most desegregation funding for three school districts. The Little Rock district requested an emergency stay after U.S. District Judge Brian Miller last month ruled that the state could end nearly $70 million in annual desegregation payments to the districts. Little Rock argued that the loss of funds would lead to teacher layoffs.
Vol. 30, Issue 35, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR