News in Brief
Judge Denies Stay in Desegregation Case
A federal appeals court declined to stay a ruling that allows Arkansas to end most desegregation funding for three school districts. The Little Rock district requested an emergency stay after U.S. District Judge Brian Miller last month ruled that the state could end nearly $70 million in annual desegregation payments to the districts. Little Rock argued that the loss of funds would lead to teacher layoffs.
Vol. 30, Issue 35, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Chief Financial Officer
- Idaho Charter School Network, Boise, ID