News in Brief
Judge Denies Stay in Desegregation Case
A federal appeals court declined to stay a ruling that allows Arkansas to end most desegregation funding for three school districts. The Little Rock district requested an emergency stay after U.S. District Judge Brian Miller last month ruled that the state could end nearly $70 million in annual desegregation payments to the districts. Little Rock argued that the loss of funds would lead to teacher layoffs.
Vol. 30, Issue 35, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE