News in Brief
Judge Denies Stay in Desegregation Case
A federal appeals court declined to stay a ruling that allows Arkansas to end most desegregation funding for three school districts. The Little Rock district requested an emergency stay after U.S. District Judge Brian Miller last month ruled that the state could end nearly $70 million in annual desegregation payments to the districts. Little Rock argued that the loss of funds would lead to teacher layoffs.
Vol. 30, Issue 35, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Program Manager
- Institute for Educational Advancement, Pasadena, CA
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Spanish Teacher
- Adams County School District 50, Westminster, CO
- Math Team Lead
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL