News in Brief
Ga. Schools May Split Prize Money
A proposed court settlement would give half of the $1 million that former Georgia state schools Superintendent Kathy Cox won on a TV game show in 2008 to three state-run schools for the blind and deaf. The schools were slated to get the full prize, but the money has been tangled up in Ms. Cox's bankruptcy. Ms Cox, who resigned in June to join an education nonprofit, won the money on Fox's "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?" She wanted the money to go to scholarships.
Vol. 30, Issue 06, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME