News in Brief
Ga. Schools May Split Prize Money
A proposed court settlement would give half of the $1 million that former Georgia state schools Superintendent Kathy Cox won on a TV game show in 2008 to three state-run schools for the blind and deaf. The schools were slated to get the full prize, but the money has been tangled up in Ms. Cox's bankruptcy. Ms Cox, who resigned in June to join an education nonprofit, won the money on Fox's "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?" She wanted the money to go to scholarships.
Vol. 30, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR