News in Brief
Ga. Schools May Split Prize Money
A proposed court settlement would give half of the $1 million that former Georgia state schools Superintendent Kathy Cox won on a TV game show in 2008 to three state-run schools for the blind and deaf. The schools were slated to get the full prize, but the money has been tangled up in Ms. Cox's bankruptcy. Ms Cox, who resigned in June to join an education nonprofit, won the money on Fox's "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?" She wanted the money to go to scholarships.
Vol. 30, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL