Science Camp: Just for the Girls
Academic camps are on the rise across the country, including ones to get adolescent girls excited about the exploration of science.
Two teenage girls amble to the front of the room and unveil their creation: a miniature tower, built with wooden sticks and duct tape, bare hands and imagination.
It’s the moment of truth.
They’ve spent the better part of an afternoon constructing an 18-inch-tall model of a high-rise. In a few seconds, the same camp director who challenged them to build it will switch on a fan to see if he...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda