Governors' Group Issues School Choice Advice
A report from the National Governors Association and a university center details school choice strategies being employed in states, and offers advice on how best to establish new choice policies or refine existing ones.
Among a host of recommendations, the Aug. 18 report suggests that states: include measures of academic progress to gauge the value added by choice options; support transportation costs for low-income students pursuing such options; provide equitable funding for all education providers; and increase the availability of “virtual school” offerings.
The Center for School Change at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities helped produce the report.
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA