Governors' Group Issues School Choice Advice
A report from the National Governors Association and a university center details school choice strategies being employed in states, and offers advice on how best to establish new choice policies or refine existing ones.
Among a host of recommendations, the Aug. 18 report suggests that states: include measures of academic progress to gauge the value added by choice options; support transportation costs for low-income students pursuing such options; provide equitable funding for all education providers; and increase the availability of “virtual school” offerings.
The Center for School Change at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities helped produce the report.
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO