Governors' Group Issues School Choice Advice
A report from the National Governors Association and a university center details school choice strategies being employed in states, and offers advice on how best to establish new choice policies or refine existing ones.
Among a host of recommendations, the Aug. 18 report suggests that states: include measures of academic progress to gauge the value added by choice options; support transportation costs for low-income students pursuing such options; provide equitable funding for all education providers; and increase the availability of “virtual school” offerings.
The Center for School Change at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities helped produce the report.
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME