Governors' Group Issues School Choice Advice
A report from the National Governors Association and a university center details school choice strategies being employed in states, and offers advice on how best to establish new choice policies or refine existing ones.
Among a host of recommendations, the Aug. 18 report suggests that states: include measures of academic progress to gauge the value added by choice options; support transportation costs for low-income students pursuing such options; provide equitable funding for all education providers; and increase the availability of “virtual school” offerings.
The Center for School Change at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities helped produce the report.
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN