Governors' Group Issues School Choice Advice
A report from the National Governors Association and a university center details school choice strategies being employed in states, and offers advice on how best to establish new choice policies or refine existing ones.
Among a host of recommendations, the Aug. 18 report suggests that states: include measures of academic progress to gauge the value added by choice options; support transportation costs for low-income students pursuing such options; provide equitable funding for all education providers; and increase the availability of “virtual school” offerings.
The Center for School Change at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities helped produce the report.
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Deputy Superintendent
- Blue Valley Schools, Overland Park, KS
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO