Panel Discussion: What’s at Stake for Schools?
Education Week's Associate Editor David Hoff hosted this Oct. 21 post-panel analysis "What's at Stake for Schools," following the debate, "Education and the Next President," hosted by Teachers College, Columbia University. Guests on this panel included:
• Lucy M. Calkins, Robinson Professor of Children's Literature at Teachers College, Columbia University, Director of the Literacy Specialist Program, and Founding Director of the Teachers College Reading and Writing Project.
• Jeffrey Henig, Professor of Political Science and Education, Program Coordinator of the Politics and Education program at Teachers College, Columbia University.
• Eugene W. Hickok, Deputy Secretary at the U.S. Department of Education during President George W. Bush's first term and Pennsylvania Secretary of Education under then-Governor Tom Ridge.
• Joseph P. Viteritti, Blanche D. Blank Professor of Public Policy and Chair of the Department of Urban Affairs & Planning at Hunter College.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Education Officer
- DECA, Reston, Virginia
- Senior Editor
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Principal – New School Opening in Spanish Town Jamaica
- Christel House International, Spanish Town (JM)
- History Teachers SY18-19
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston Public Schools , Boston, Massachusetts
- Elementary School Teacher
- San Juan Island School District, Washington State