Panel Discussion: What’s at Stake for Schools?
Education Week's Associate Editor David Hoff hosted this Oct. 21 post-panel analysis "What's at Stake for Schools," following the debate, "Education and the Next President," hosted by Teachers College, Columbia University. Guests on this panel included:
• Lucy M. Calkins, Robinson Professor of Children's Literature at Teachers College, Columbia University, Director of the Literacy Specialist Program, and Founding Director of the Teachers College Reading and Writing Project.
• Jeffrey Henig, Professor of Political Science and Education, Program Coordinator of the Politics and Education program at Teachers College, Columbia University.
• Eugene W. Hickok, Deputy Secretary at the U.S. Department of Education during President George W. Bush's first term and Pennsylvania Secretary of Education under then-Governor Tom Ridge.
• Joseph P. Viteritti, Blanche D. Blank Professor of Public Policy and Chair of the Department of Urban Affairs & Planning at Hunter College.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- ARTS ADMINISTRATOR - Office Staff
- Myriad Music School and Dance Academy, San Mateo, California
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education Teachers SY 2018-2019
- Eagle Academy Public Charter School, Washington D.C.
- Head of School
- Caprock Academy, Grand Junction, Colorado
- Headmaster - Boston Latin Academy
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, Massachusetts
- Vice President, Schools
- Innovate Public Schools, San Jose, California