Responding to Coronavirus: A Downloadable Guide for Schools
K-12 schools have been hit by cases of novel coronavirus, and it’s likely more will appear. Children, so far, have not been severely affected, but scientists are still working to understand how they might contribute to the disease spreading to more vulnerable populations. If coronavirus emerges in your community, here are six critical steps to follow as you make decisions about whether to close a school, how to communicate, and what guidance you can rely on from local and state public health authorities.
Additional Coverage: Coronavirus and Schools
- 9 Things Educators Need to Know About Coronavirus
- Coronavirus and School Closures: What Are the Legal, Logistical Issues?
- School Districts Urged to Be Candid About Coronavirus Plans
- Are Schools Ready for Coronavirus? Trump Says They Should Be
- Schools Should Prepare for Coronavirus Outbreaks, CDC Officials Warn
Reporting by: Mark Lieberman
Design: Gina Tomko