(E-Book) Playing It Safe: Reducing Concussions and Head Injuries in School Sports
Youth concussions and sports injuries have gained a warranted spotlight by lawmakers and sports organizations. This Education Week e-book takes a look at head injury research, youth-concussion laws, and sport-specific rules to see how concussion and head injuries can be reduced and prevented.
In Playing It Safe: Reducing Concussions and Head Injuries in School Sports, Education Week contributing writer Bryan Toporek offers a glimpse into the evolving world of youth-sports concussions. This e-book contains some of the most relevant research for student-athletes, along with information about how youth-sports organizations have begun to adopt concussion policies accordingly. It also features concussion resources, including an interactive map of youth-concussion laws in every state.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary School Principal
- Wayland Public Schools, Wayland, Massachusetts
- Director of Business and Finance
- Westwood Public Schools, Westwood, Massachusetts
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Superintendent, New Milford Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, New Milford, Connecticut