(E-Book) Playing It Safe: Reducing Concussions and Head Injuries in School Sports
Youth concussions and sports injuries have gained a warranted spotlight by lawmakers and sports organizations. This Education Week e-book takes a look at head injury research, youth-concussion laws, and sport-specific rules to see how concussion and head injuries can be reduced and prevented.
In Playing It Safe: Reducing Concussions and Head Injuries in School Sports, Education Week contributing writer Bryan Toporek offers a glimpse into the evolving world of youth-sports concussions. This e-book contains some of the most relevant research for student-athletes, along with information about how youth-sports organizations have begun to adopt concussion policies accordingly. It also features concussion resources, including an interactive map of youth-concussion laws in every state.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal – New School Opening in Spanish Town Jamaica
- Christel House International, Spanish Town (JM)
- Elementary School Teacher
- San Juan Island School District, Washington State
- Senior Editor
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- High School Math Teacher
- Moreau Catholic High School, Hayward, California
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US