Living the Legacy: Education Week Marks the 50th Anniversary of the Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka Decision
- Education Policy and Trends
A five-part Education Week series explores the place of race in American education, 50 years after the U.S. Supreme Court's May 17, 1954, desegregation decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka. “Brown at 50: The Unfulfilled Promise” featured reporting from five communities that illustrate current issues of race, ethnicity, and education. 102 pages.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary School Principal
- Voices College-Bound Language Academies, San Jose, California
- High School Principal - Mercer Island High School
- Mercer Island School District, Mercer Island, Washington State
- Professor of Practice in K-12 Educational Leadership
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Case High School - Principal - Racine Unified School District
- Racine Unified School District, Racine, Wisconsin
- State Superintendent - Maryland Board of Education
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Baltimore, Maryland