Classroom measures known as formative assessments have a purpose distinct from that of end-of-year state tests. Used during instruction, they aim to provide feedback so that teachers and students can adjust what happens next in classrooms and improve the quality of teaching and learning as it’s going on.
“Testing to Teach: Using Assessment to Shape Instruction” takes a close look at a handful of formative-assessment programs to provide a sense of what such measures look like in practice.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of System Level Partnerships
- Teaching Matters, New York City, New York
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, DC, starting 7/1/2019
- The Gan at Adas Israel, 2850 Quebec St, NW, Washington D.C.
- Chief Communications Officer
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, Georgia