Classroom measures known as formative assessments have a purpose distinct from that of end-of-year state tests. Used during instruction, they aim to provide feedback so that teachers and students can adjust what happens next in classrooms and improve the quality of teaching and learning as it’s going on.
“Testing to Teach: Using Assessment to Shape Instruction” takes a close look at a handful of formative-assessment programs to provide a sense of what such measures look like in practice.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal - Environmental Charter High School (ECHS)
- Environmental Charter School, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Elementary School Teacher
- Legends Charter School, Lanham, Maryland
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Principal, Bell Creek Academy
- Charter School Associates, Riverview, Florida
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona