Classroom measures known as formative assessments have a purpose distinct from that of end-of-year state tests. Used during instruction, they aim to provide feedback so that teachers and students can adjust what happens next in classrooms and improve the quality of teaching and learning as it’s going on.
“Testing to Teach: Using Assessment to Shape Instruction” takes a close look at a handful of formative-assessment programs to provide a sense of what such measures look like in practice.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Special Education
- Primavera Online High School, Chandler, Arizona
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education Teachers SY 2018-2019
- Eagle Academy Public Charter School, Washington D.C.
- Headmaster - Boston Latin Academy
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, Massachusetts
- ARTS ADMINISTRATOR - Office Staff
- Myriad Music School and Dance Academy, San Mateo, California
- Principal/Assistant Principal
- FWCS, Fort Wayne, Indiana