Classroom measures known as formative assessments have a purpose distinct from that of end-of-year state tests. Used during instruction, they aim to provide feedback so that teachers and students can adjust what happens next in classrooms and improve the quality of teaching and learning as it’s going on.
“Testing to Teach: Using Assessment to Shape Instruction” takes a close look at a handful of formative-assessment programs to provide a sense of what such measures look like in practice.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Improvement and Impact Design Team
- Battelle for Kids, Columbus, Ohio
- Middle School Principal
- Andover Public Schools, Andover, Massachusetts
- Upper School Spanish Teacher
- The Hun School of Princeton, Princeton, New Jersey
- School Sales Specialist
- 6crickets Inc., Greater Boston Area, Greater NYC area, Greater Washington DC area, Connecticut, New Jersey
- Physical Education Teacher
- Jewish Child & Family Services, Chicago, Illinois