Classroom measures known as formative assessments have a purpose distinct from that of end-of-year state tests. Used during instruction, they aim to provide feedback so that teachers and students can adjust what happens next in classrooms and improve the quality of teaching and learning as it’s going on.
“Testing to Teach: Using Assessment to Shape Instruction” takes a close look at a handful of formative-assessment programs to provide a sense of what such measures look like in practice.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Program Manager, eLearning (Corwin)
- SAGE Publishing, Thousand Oaks, California
- President - President Southern Association of Independent Schools
- SAIS, Norcross, Georgia
- Program Director/Senior Attorney (Opportunity to Learn Program)
- Advancement Project, Washington D.C.
- Vance County Schools Opportunity Culture Advanced Teaching and Paraprofessional Positions
- Vance County Schools, Henderson, North Carolina
- Banneker Blake Academy for Arts and Sciences, Nationwide