The principal's job is often called the loneliest in K-12 education, but it's just as fitting to call it the toughest. Hours are long. Demands come from all directions. And no one else in a school has the same responsibilities. Who would want the job? And who is cut out to do it successfully, year in and year out?
This Education Week special report examines how educators and policymakers are tackling critical issues facing principals already on the job and helping districts build a bench of strong school leaders.
Download The Digital Edition
Education Week Experts
Audio Slideshow: A Principal and His Boss Work in Tandem
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Head of School
- The Sharon Academy, Sharon, Vermont
- Physical Education Teacher
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Librarian, US/IB curriculum, Dubai. Aug 2019
- Galvin Education, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Middle School ELA, Science, & Social Studies Teachers Needed
- Huda School and Montessori, Michigan