Education Week's two-part series takes a look at how districts are reforming in response to research demonstrating the positive role smaller school size plays in student learning. (June 2004.)
Of the $2.2 billion in education-related grants made by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in the past five years, about $647 million has gone to support the creation of smaller, more personalized high schools. The following list does not include $66.3 million the foundation has spent on policy, research, and evaluation projects related to the reform of secondary education. The grants listed do not add up to the total, partly due to overlap between the two categories of awards.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School ELA, Science, & Social Studies Teachers Needed
- Huda School and Montessori, Michigan
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Interim Head of School and Permanent Head of School
- Three Tree Montessori School, Burien, Washington State
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona