This special report aims to provide a fresh look at teacher professional development. The stories examine many facets of teacher training, including its research base, implementation in districts, cost, and evolution. For the project, our reporters drew on interviews with teachers, administrators, and scholars.
It is our hope at Education Week that the report will generate new conversations for those school leaders charged with upgrading the quality of teacher professional development.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Professional Development Directory
Teacher PD Sourcebook Directory is the most complete interactive, online professional development resource for K-12 educators.
- Principal- High School
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, Virginia
- Educational Consultant
- Teaching Matters, New York City, New York
- Head of School
- The Sharon Academy, Sharon, Vermont
- Executive Director
- Council of Administrators of Special Education, Inc (CASE), Nationwide
- Summer Program Teacher
- Metropolitan Development Council, 98402, Tacoma