Iraqi Schoolchildren: 5 Years of War
Five years ago this month, a U.S.-led coalition of troops invaded Iraq. Since the invasion, Mary Ann Zehr, an assistant editor at Education Week, has reported on the U.S. government's involvement in education reform in that country and Washington's eventual decision in June 2006 to withdraw financial support for Iraq's schools. Her reporting has included interviews with Iraqi education officials, teachers, students, and parents, as well as U.S. officials and others involved with the schooling of Iraqi children. Recently, Ms. Zehr traveled to Amman, Jordan, to see how displaced Iraqi children were faring.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- International College Counselor
- Cheongna Dalton School (CDS), Nationwide
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Chief Financial Officer
- Portsmouth Public Schools, Portsmouth, Virginia
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- TEST, Bethesda, Maryland