Iraqi Schoolchildren: 5 Years of War
Five years ago this month, a U.S.-led coalition of troops invaded Iraq. Since the invasion, Mary Ann Zehr, an assistant editor at Education Week, has reported on the U.S. government's involvement in education reform in that country and Washington's eventual decision in June 2006 to withdraw financial support for Iraq's schools. Her reporting has included interviews with Iraqi education officials, teachers, students, and parents, as well as U.S. officials and others involved with the schooling of Iraqi children. Recently, Ms. Zehr traveled to Amman, Jordan, to see how displaced Iraqi children were faring.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary, Middle and High School Teachers in China
- Dipont Education, China (CN)
- School Sales Specialist
- 6crickets Inc., Greater Boston Area, Greater NYC area, Greater Washington DC area, Connecticut, New Jersey
- Middle School Principal
- Andover Public Schools, Andover, Massachusetts
- International School of the Peninsula Head of School
- RG175, Nationwide
- JOB FAIR at THE SEED SCHOOL OF MARYLAND on March 2, 2019 from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
- SEED School of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland