The state of reading instruction in grades K-3
Early-grades reading instruction has long been a central point of emphasis—and concern—for educators and policymakers. That's in large part owing to a provocative body of research showing that students who don't read with proficiency by the end of 3rd grade are far more likely to experience poor academic outcomes, including leaving school without a diploma. This Education Week special report takes a wide-ranging look at new efforts to address the challenges of early-grades reading instruction.
Education Week Experts
Download The Digital Edition
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Special Education
- Marion County Public Schools, Ocala, Florida
- Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, DC, starting 7/1/2019
- The Gan at Adas Israel, 2850 Quebec St, NW, Washington D.C.
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.