The state of reading instruction in grades K-3
Early-grades reading instruction has long been a central point of emphasis—and concern—for educators and policymakers. That's in large part owing to a provocative body of research showing that students who don't read with proficiency by the end of 3rd grade are far more likely to experience poor academic outcomes, including leaving school without a diploma. This Education Week special report takes a wide-ranging look at new efforts to address the challenges of early-grades reading instruction.
Education Week Experts
Download The Digital Edition
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary and Middle School Teaching Positions
- South Bend Empowerment Zone, South Bend, Indiana
- High School Science and Math Teachers IN CHINA
- Dipont Education, United States
- Special Education Teacher
- Youth Villages, Memphis, Tennessee
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Elementary School Principal
- Academie Lafayette, Kansas City, Missouri