The state of reading instruction in grades K-3
Early-grades reading instruction has long been a central point of emphasis—and concern—for educators and policymakers. That's in large part owing to a provocative body of research showing that students who don't read with proficiency by the end of 3rd grade are far more likely to experience poor academic outcomes, including leaving school without a diploma. This Education Week special report takes a wide-ranging look at new efforts to address the challenges of early-grades reading instruction.
Education Week Experts
Download The Digital Edition
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Head of School
- The Lab School of Washhington, Washington D.C.
- Dean, School of Education and Professional Studies
- SUNY Potsdam, Nationwide
- WOODSTOCK SCHOOL, Uttarakhand (IN)
- Executive Director
- The Cooperating School Districts of Greater Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri