Special thanks to a colleague at Mount Holyoke College for being so passionate about this issue and posting the great photo that inspired this cartoon. Much love.
Want to learn more? Check out these resources:
- Obama Directs Public Schools to Accommodate Transgender Students by Eric Tucker of the Associated Press and published by PBS
- 11 States Sue Obama Administration Over Bathroom Guidance for Transgender Students by Mark Berman and Moriah Balingit of the Washington Post
- How High School Students See the Transgender Bathroom Issue by the New York Times
- What Does the Research Suggest About Transgender Restroom Policies by Amira Hasenbush of Education Week
- Judge Blocks Guidance on Transgender Rights by Evie Blad and Christina Samuels of Education Week
Megan Allen and Taryl Hansen are 2 NBCTs working in collaboration to spark conversation and challenge perspectives in education and policy.
The opinions expressed in An Edugeek’s Guide to K-12 Practice and Policy are strictly those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of Editorial Projects in Education, or any of its publications.