Weren’t the next gen leaders awesome? I’ve got a tough act to follow returning to the blog after turning it over to them for the past month (although they have inspired some reflections I’m hoping to share soon). But nevertheless, I’m going to try. A lot of stuff happened while I was gone:
- The Department of Education announced Race to the Top for districts
- Mitt Romney released an education plan
- The Center for American Progress rolled out some smart ideas for improving federal early childhood programs
- New ConnCAN analysis of teacher evaluation systems
- My friend Kevin Carey and his uber-team of higher ed wonks are moving over to the ed shop at my former employer the New America Foundation--great folks on both sides and excited to see what happens when the two come together
More on this and other news coming!
The opinions expressed in Sara Mead’s Policy Notebook are strictly those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of Editorial Projects in Education, or any of its publications.