Democracy Prep Has a Dream
About three dozen students from the Democracy Prep Charter School in New York City's Harlem kicked off the school’s Inauguration program on Friday, January 16, when they traveled to Washington to recite the “I Have a Dream” speech on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, as the late Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. did more than 45 years ago. The students came to Washington for the day as a lesson in how Dr. King's words relate to the inauguration of Barack Obama. Back home, the school will host an assembly for 6,000 local students and community members to observe the Jan. 20 swearing-in, a culmination of a semester of civic lessons around the presidential election.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Anticipated Evaluation Team Leader Fall 17
- Springfield Public Schools, Springfield, MA
- ELEM ED 4
- Brevard Public Schools, Melbourne, FL
- Part-Time Online ESL teacher
- 51Talk, US
- Communities In Schools of North Carolina, Raleigh, NC
- LBSI Teacher with Special Education Early Childhood Endorsement
- New Horizon Center, Chicago, IL