Vol. 30, Issue 37
Photo Gallery: Grandparents Taking Charge
The number of children living with their grandparents instead of their parents has nearly doubled since 1991, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, and grandparents across the country are taking a larger role—through necessity as well as interest—in their grandchildren's schooling. This slide show follows two of them, Sandra Smith and Molene Martin, who are caring for their grandchildren and becoming increasingly involved in education. Some experts predict grandparents could change the way schools and districts approach parent involvement.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
Most Popular Stories
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- 9-12 Science Teacher (Emphasis in Physical Science) #345
- Nye County School District, Pahrump, NV