What Do Parents Want?
In an online survey of 2,000 parents in 2012 and subsequent "What Parents Want" report, officials from the Washington-based Thomas B. Fordham Institute applied market-research principles to parents' priorities for schools. Explore the findings, compiled for a special Commentary section on the role of parents in K-12 schools.
Designed by: Vanessa Solis and Linda Jurkowitz | Source: Thomas B. Fordham Institute
This Commentary is part of a special section supported by a grant from the Walton Family Foundation, at www.waltonfamilyfoundation.org. Education Week retains sole editorial control over the content of this coverage.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Special Education ELA Teacher, Gr. 9-12 (SY17-18)
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston, MA
- Elementary Science Teacher
- Dudley Street Neighborhood Charter School, Boston, MA
- Director, Instructional Resource Development, Advanced Placement (AP®) with WE Service Program
- WE Charity, New York, NY
- High School Principal (18-19 SY)
- Indianapolis Public Schools, Indianapolis, IN
- Chief Turnaround Officer (Georgia State Board of Education)
- National Association of State Boards of Education, Atlanta, GA