What Do Parents Want?
In an online survey of 2,000 parents in 2012 and subsequent "What Parents Want" report, officials from the Washington-based Thomas B. Fordham Institute applied market-research principles to parents' priorities for schools. Explore the findings, compiled for a special Commentary section on the role of parents in K-12 schools.
Designed by: Vanessa Solis and Linda Jurkowitz | Source: Thomas B. Fordham Institute
This Commentary is part of a special section supported by a grant from the Walton Family Foundation, at www.waltonfamilyfoundation.org. Education Week retains sole editorial control over the content of this coverage.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Teacher(s)
- Howard University Public Charter Middle School of Mathematics and Science, Washington, DC
- School Director
- Menlo Park Academy, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent of Schools
- Nampa School District (Idaho), Nampa, ID
- K-8 Principal
- Amphitheater Public Schools, Tucsan, AZ
- Central Office Administrator/Assistant Superintendent
- Williamsburg-James City County School District, Williamsburg, VA