Test Your Brain
Educational neuroscience is a new and rapidly changing field, and numerous myths have percolated up through the years, based on unsubstantiated studies, findings taken out of context, and plain old snake-oil salesmen. Neuroeducation researcher Paul Howard-Jones of the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom found a majority of incoming teachers studied in that country had at least one misunderstanding about the brain and how it affects learning and instruction.
Try it out yourself: Decide which of the following statements is true or false.
Sources: Paul Howard-Jones, National Academy of Sciences, OECD Center for Educational Research and Innovation
Design and Programming by: Chienyi Cheri Hung | Graphics by: Laura Baker | Reported by: Sarah D. Sparks
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL