Test Your Brain
Educational neuroscience is a new and rapidly changing field, and numerous myths have percolated up through the years, based on unsubstantiated studies, findings taken out of context, and plain old snake-oil salesmen. Neuroeducation researcher Paul Howard-Jones of the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom found a majority of incoming teachers studied in that country had at least one misunderstanding about the brain and how it affects learning and instruction.
Try it out yourself: Decide which of the following statements is true or false.
Sources: Paul Howard-Jones, National Academy of Sciences, OECD Center for Educational Research and Innovation
Design and Programming by: Chienyi Cheri Hung | Graphics by: Laura Baker | Reported by: Sarah D. Sparks
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO