Test Your Brain
Educational neuroscience is a new and rapidly changing field, and numerous myths have percolated up through the years, based on unsubstantiated studies, findings taken out of context, and plain old snake-oil salesmen. Neuroeducation researcher Paul Howard-Jones of the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom found a majority of incoming teachers studied in that country had at least one misunderstanding about the brain and how it affects learning and instruction.
Try it out yourself: Decide which of the following statements is true or false.
Sources: Paul Howard-Jones, National Academy of Sciences, OECD Center for Educational Research and Innovation
Design and Programming by: Chienyi Cheri Hung | Graphics by: Laura Baker | Reported by: Sarah D. Sparks
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Academic Officer
- School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL, FL
- Lower School Principal
- Sidwell Friends School, Bethesda, MD
- Windermere Preparatory Academy, FL
- City of Cape Coral Charter School Authority, Cape Coral, FL
- Spanish Immersion - Elementary
- Fox Chapel Area School District, Fox Chapel, PA