2011 NAEP Science Scores, Achievement Levels, and Achievement Gaps
Narrowing Achievement Gaps
From 2009 to 2011, the average scores of black, Hispanic, and American Indian 8th graders taking National Assessment of Educational Progress tests in science improved at a faster rate than those of white students. Achievement gaps also decreased between students eligible for the federal free and reduced-price lunch program and their better-off peers.
For More Data From This Year's Report
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Science Content Director
- National Math & Science Initiative, Dallas, TX
- Volunteers of America, El Centro, CA, CA
- Learning Disabilities Special Education Teacher
- Stevens Point Area Public School District, WI
- Director - Legislative Affairs
- Palm Beach County School District, West Palm Beach, FL
- Chief Revenue Officer
- Editorial Projects in Education, Bethesda, MD