2011 NAEP Science Scores, Achievement Levels, and Achievement Gaps
Narrowing Achievement Gaps
From 2009 to 2011, the average scores of black, Hispanic, and American Indian 8th graders taking National Assessment of Educational Progress tests in science improved at a faster rate than those of white students. Achievement gaps also decreased between students eligible for the federal free and reduced-price lunch program and their better-off peers.
For More Data From This Year's Report
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
- North American International School, DUBAI, United Arab Emirates
- Minority Achievement Officer
- Pinellas County Schools, Largo, FL
- DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY EDUCATION & DISTRICT AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAMS
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Managing Director, Talent and Equity
- Flamboyan Foundation, DC
- RI Department of Education is seeking to fill leadership team positions
- Rhode Island Department of Education, RI