2011 NAEP Science Scores, Achievement Levels, and Achievement Gaps
Narrowing Achievement Gaps
From 2009 to 2011, the average scores of black, Hispanic, and American Indian 8th graders taking National Assessment of Educational Progress tests in science improved at a faster rate than those of white students. Achievement gaps also decreased between students eligible for the federal free and reduced-price lunch program and their better-off peers.
For More Data From This Year's Report
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- PRINCIPAL - POWELL MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Hernando County School District, Brooksville, FL
- Middle School Principal
- Roosevelt Children's Academy Charter School, Roosevelt, NY
- Senior Education Policy Analyst, North Carolina
- The Hunt Institute, Durham, NC
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- Deputy Director for Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), Wiesbaden, Germany