(E-Book) Inside the Every Student Succeeds Act: The New Federal K-12 Law
For the first time in more than a decade – and a half-century after enactment of the country’s main K-12 law – Congress has redefined the federal role in elementary and secondary education. But what does the Every Student Succeeds Act actually mean for schools and the communities they serve? And how does the new law differ from its predecessor, the No Child Left Behind Act?
In this essential guide to ESSA, Education Week explains what the law will mean for:
• Accountability and testing
• Teacher quality
• Early-childhood education
• Special education
• Academic standards, including the Common Core
• English-language learners
• Teacher evaluation
Inside ESSA gets to the heart of a law set to reshape our education system and the people it serves for many years to come.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Special Education and Student Services, PK-12
- Fairfield Public Schools, Fairfield, CT
- St. Xavier High School President
- St. Xavier High School, Cincinnati, OH
- Special Services Director / School Psychologist
- SJISD, Friday Harbor, WA
- Assistant Principal
- Carondelet Leadership Academy, Saint Louis, MO
- Director of Communications and Community Relations
- Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Salem, OR