This special report aims to provide a fresh look at teacher professional development. The stories examine many facets of teacher training, including its research base, implementation in districts, cost, and evolution. For the project, our reporters drew on interviews with teachers, administrators, and scholars.
It is our hope at Education Week that the report will generate new conversations for those school leaders charged with upgrading the quality of teacher professional development.
For ongoing news, resources, data, and special reports on professional development in education, bookmark the Professional Development Topic Page.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Professional Development Directory
Teacher PD Sourcebook Directory is the most complete interactive, online professional development resource for K-12 educators.
- Executive Director of Secondary Education
- School District of Indian River County, Vero Beach, FL
- Esmeralda County School District, Goldfield, NV
- Dean of Student Support
- UP Education Network, Springfield, MA
- Lower School Principal
- Sidwell Friends School, Bethesda, MD
- East High School Principal
- Columbus City Schools, Columbus, OH