This special report aims to provide a fresh look at teacher professional development. The stories examine many facets of teacher training, including its research base, implementation in districts, cost, and evolution. For the project, our reporters drew on interviews with teachers, administrators, and scholars.
It is our hope at Education Week that the report will generate new conversations for those school leaders charged with upgrading the quality of teacher professional development.
For ongoing news, resources, data, and special reports on professional development in education, bookmark the Professional Development Topic Page.
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
Professional Development Directory
Teacher PD Sourcebook Directory is the most complete interactive, online professional development resource for K-12 educators.
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Director of Academic and Strategic Initiatives - Instruction
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Annapolis, MD