This special report aims to provide a fresh look at teacher professional development. The stories examine many facets of teacher training, including its research base, implementation in districts, cost, and evolution. For the project, our reporters drew on interviews with teachers, administrators, and scholars.
It is our hope at Education Week that the report will generate new conversations for those school leaders charged with upgrading the quality of teacher professional development.
For ongoing news, resources, data, and special reports on professional development in education, bookmark the Professional Development Topic Page.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Professional Development Directory
Teacher PD Sourcebook Directory is the most complete interactive, online professional development resource for K-12 educators.
- Postdoc fellow in education
- The Center for High Impact Philanthropy, The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Executive Director
- Association for Latino Administrators and Superintendents, DC
- FLORIDA - Catholic High School
- Cardinal Mooney Catholic High School, Sarasota, FL
- School Educational Psychologist
- St Joseph's Instutition International, Singapore, Si, Singapore
- Lecturer - Educational Leadership Services
- Old Dominion University, VA