The state of reading instruction in grades K-3
Early-grades reading instruction has long been a central point of emphasis—and concern—for educators and policymakers. That's in large part owing to a provocative body of research showing that students who don't read with proficiency by the end of 3rd grade are far more likely to experience poor academic outcomes, including leaving school without a diploma. This Education Week special report takes a wide-ranging look at new efforts to address the challenges of early-grades reading instruction.
Education Week Experts
Download The Digital Edition
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Communications and Community Relations
- Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Salem, OR
- St. Xavier High School President
- St. Xavier High School, Cincinnati, OH
- Assistant Principal
- Carondelet Leadership Academy, Saint Louis, MO
- Free Online K-12 Education Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- Director of Special Education and Student Services, PK-12
- Fairfield Public Schools, Fairfield, CT