This special report, another installment in Education Week's series on virtual education, examines how K-12 professional development is taking a more digital and freewheeling approach to educator training. The report—which also features a webinar and online chat—shows how professional development programs are now blending face-to-face and online training, incorporating social networking tools, offering administrators more flexible ways to hone their skills, and developing online PD to prepare educators for the common-core standards and assessments.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Oct. 27, 2 p.m. EDT: Tapping the Power of Online PD
Social networking and other online tools now provide a full menu of professional development opportunities that range from discussions on Twitter to personal learning networks on Ning and sharing of useful classroom resources on Google+. The online offerings are also spawning new types of professional development opportunities that provide face-to-face interaction.
Nov. 2, 2 p.m. EDT: Training the Hybrid Educator
This chat addressed the kinds of professional development are available to hybrid educators, as well as the key factors they need to know to be successful in the classroom. Our guests shared their experiences as hybrid and virtual instructors and talk about the role that hybrid education is playing in K-12 today.
- Free Online K-12 STEM Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Charlottesville, Virginia Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Albemarle County Public Schools, Charlottesville, VA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Milwaukee, Wisconsin SchoolsJoin Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Birmingham, AL Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fai
- Birmingham City Schools, Birmingham, AL
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Boston, Massachusetts Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA