International Motivation, Methods Differ on Ed-Tech
In Uruguay, the second phase of a national one-to-one laptop computing initiative is underway, boosting the number of laptops in student hands to 520,000 in grades 1-9.
In the Netherlands, the government-funded Kennisnet Foundation has evolved from a department within the nation’s Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science into an independent organization with nearly 150 employees embedded in the school system.
And in Ireland, public-private partnerships are in vogue as the nation follows dictates from the European Union that educators stress not only how to use technology, but how...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- School Turnaround Facilitator (Stockton, CA) ($83K-$102K/YR
- WestEd, Multiple Locations
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations