The latest news about the teaching profession, including articles, opinion essays, and special features.
The labor groups have lost members since last year’s Janus Supreme Court case, but not as many as anticipated. Is that because the unions have reenergized teachers, or because teachers don’t understand their rights? (June 27, 2019)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Teaching Now Blog
This special report takes a look at recertification, posing questions about how it could be strengthened to support teachers better.
Getting and Keeping Good Teachers
For many school districts, teacher shortages are a recurring challenge. What are those districts doing differently to attract—and keep—the teachers they need?
EDUCATION WEEK QUIZ
How does ESSA define professional development, what conditions encourage effective teacher training, and how are districts supporting professional development for early-childhood educators?
The career path to the principalship has been a fairly rigid one. Only in the past decade or so has the field seen some important changes in who makes it to a school’s top job—and how.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Join University Prep Schools for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- EdWeek Top School Jobs, Detroit, Michigan
- Join Excellence Community Schools for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- EdWeek Top School Jobs, Brooklyn, New York
- Join Maya Angelou Schools & See Forever Foundation for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- EdWeek Top School Jobs, Washington D.C.
- Join Norwalk Public Schools for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- EdWeek Top School Jobs, Norwalk, Connecticut
- Join Manassas City Public Schools for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- EdWeek Top School Jobs, Manassas, Virginia