The latest news about the teaching profession, including articles, opinion essays, and special features.
The labor groups have lost members since last year’s Janus Supreme Court case, but not as many as anticipated. Is that because the unions have reenergized teachers, or because teachers don’t understand their rights? (June 27, 2019)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Teaching Now Blog
This special report takes a look at recertification, posing questions about how it could be strengthened to support teachers better.
Getting and Keeping Good Teachers
For many school districts, teacher shortages are a recurring challenge. What are those districts doing differently to attract—and keep—the teachers they need?
EDUCATION WEEK QUIZ
How does ESSA define professional development, what conditions encourage effective teacher training, and how are districts supporting professional development for early-childhood educators?
The career path to the principalship has been a fairly rigid one. Only in the past decade or so has the field seen some important changes in who makes it to a school’s top job—and how.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Special Education Teacher
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Teacher, 2020-2021 School Year (All Subject and Grades K-12)
- New Foundations Charter School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Superintendent, Homewood City School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Homewood, Alabama
- School District Superintendent
- Nevada Association of School Boards, Elko, Nevada
- Literacy Coach
- Denali Borough School District, Healy, Alaska