The latest news about special education, including articles, opinion essays, and special features.
The children exposed to high levels of lead-laced drinking water from Michigan's Flint River are entering schools now and the school system is straining to meet their special education needs. (August 26, 2019)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Video: A Colorado Leader Taps Teacher Specialists to Serve All Students
On Special Education Blog
Educators and parents use a range of promising tools as they work to serve the needs of the nation’s 6 million students with disabilities amid continuing challenges.
Education Week Quizzes
What are the essential components of response to intervention (RTI) initiatives, how have schools struggled to implement RTI, and what factors have contributed to school improvement?
Quiz Yourself: How Much Do You Know About Dyslexia?
What are the early signs of dyslexia in children, how can educators improve a child's reading accuracy, and what is the state of dyslexia-specific laws in the U.S.?
Here's a look at which districts identified themselves as having racial and ethnic disparities in special education in the 2015-16 school year.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Principal - Dalewood Middle School 20888- 2020-2021 w/ $15,000 Bonus Potential
- Hamilton County Department of Education, Chattanooga, TN, US
- Case High School - Principal - Racine Unified School District
- Racine Unified School District, Racine, Wisconsin
- Division Director 1
- WestEd, San Francisco, California
- *Teacher-Leader Pathway Talent Pool (2020-2021)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Charlotte, NC, US