No Child Left Behind
The latest news about No Child Left Behind including, archives, Commentaries, and special features. No Child Left Behind was replaced in Dec. 2015 by the Every Student Succeeds Act.
This primer on the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act—the previous iteration of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, or ESEA—includes information about compliance, proficiency, and waivers; milestones in the law’s history; main criticisms; and resources for further reading. (April 10, 2015)
Blog: Politics K-12
To reflect on the law's anniversary, the Education Week Commentary editors asked a range of K-12 education leaders, politicians, teachers, and child advocates for their thoughts.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Principal
- The New York Institute for Special Education, Bronx, New York
- Superintendent of Schools
- Brunswick School Department, Brunswick, Maine
- 2019-2020 School Psychologist
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US
- Executive Director
- Tarrant To and Through Partnership (T3), Fort Worth, Texas
- ELA TEACHER
- Community Group, Lawrence, MA, US