Law and Courts
The latest news about legal issues in education including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
The School Law Blog
06/26 12:01 pm | Supreme Court Backs Federal Agencies' Power to Interpret Their Own Rules | In a debate that has arisen over federal education guidance, the justices reaffirmed that courts should defer to federal agencies' reasonable interpretations of their ...
A California teacher battling breast cancer made headlines recently when she was told state law required her to pay for the cost of a sub during her treatment. Where else are these kinds of sick leave policies in place? And why aren’t the unions doing more to fight them?
May 17, 2019 – Education Week
A sharply divided Supreme Court hears arguments over when courts should defer to a federal agency's interpretation of its own ambiguous regulations—an issue that has arisen in education over such issues as transgender student rights and racial disparities in student discipline.
April 10, 2019 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Middle School ELA, Science, & Social Studies Teachers Needed
- Huda School and Montessori, Michigan
- Physical Education Teacher
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)