The latest news about federal policy, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
Education Secretary Betsy DeVos has the tools to hold states' feet to the fire on implementation of the federal K-12 law, but advocates remain wary about how aggressively her team will use them. (September 25, 2018)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Politics K-12 Blog
he U.S. Department of Education has had 11 secretaries since its birth as a Cabinet-level department in 1980. Check out these pages for a deep look at each secretary's tenure, challenges, and accomplishments.
Special Report: ESSA on the Runway
The Every Student Succeeds Act makes its classroom debut this fall. Here’s a look at where things stand after more than two years of preparation by states and school districts that must make ESSA legislative blueprint a reality.
EDUCATION WEEK QUIZ
What is the "Weighted Student Funding Pilot", how do select states plan to use Title II funding, and how does ESSA influence state flexibility in determining teacher evaluation criteria?
Professional development opportunity: This collection of webinars on the Every Student Succeeds Act covers what the law means for classroom teachers, schools, districts, and education companies.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Elementary Principal
- Indianapolis Independent School Recruitment, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Head of School / Principal
- La Academia Partnership Charter School, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Librarian, US/IB curriculum, Dubai. Aug 2019
- Galvin Education, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Superintendent of Schools
- Prather Consulting, Clovis, New Mexico