Every Student Succeeds Act
The latest news about ESSA—the latest revision of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act—including articles, opinion essays, and special features.
In this Spotlight, learn what ESSA's implementation will mean for teacher evaluation, early-childhood programs, literacy, and more.
In this Spotlight, read about ESSA’s impact on interim assessments, the opt-out movement, and learn how teachers are adding purpose to their assessments.
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
In this e-book, Education Week gets to the heart of a law set to reshape the education policy landscape in a host of issue areas, including school accountability and testing, teacher quality, academic standards, and English-language learners.
This Education Week special report offers a big-picture look at the state of play on ESSA nationally, along with deeper dives into issues of school accountability, student assessment, data transparency, and school improvement.
Politics K-12 Blog
Nearly all states have now laid out their blueprints for how they intend to hold schools accountable under the Every Student Succeeds Act. Here's our review of state ESSA plans.
EDUCATION WEEK QUIZ
What is the "Weighted Student Funding Pilot", how do select states plan to use Title II funding, and how does ESSA influence state flexibility in determining teacher evaluation criteria?
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Deputy Superintendent of Academics
- Providence Public Schools, Providence, Rhode Island
- ELEMENTARY ED 3
- Brevard Public Schools, Palm Bay, Florida
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sheridan County School District 2, Sheridan, Wyoming
- Council Rock School District, Newtown, Pennsylvania
- Online Course Content Writer
- #T.E.A.C.H. (Training Educators And Creating Hope), Plymouth, Michigan