Every Student Succeeds Act
The latest news about ESSA—the latest revision of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act—including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
A check-in shows that states and districts are mostly using newfound flexibility under the Every Student Succeeds Act to make incremental changes in education policy. (April 2, 2019)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
In this e-book, Education Week gets to the heart of a law set to reshape the education policy landscape in a host of issue areas, including school accountability and testing, teacher quality, academic standards, and English-language learners.
This Education Week special report offers a big-picture look at the state of play on ESSA nationally, along with deeper dives into issues of school accountability, student assessment, data transparency, and school improvement.
With the Every Student Succeeds Act now in full effect three years after its passage, Education Week unpacks how states and districts are using ESSA to transform and customize their education systems.
Politics K-12 Blog
• ESSA Overview
Nearly all states have now laid out their blueprints for how they intend to hold schools accountable under the Every Student Succeeds Act. Here's our review of state ESSA plans.
EDUCATION WEEK QUIZ
What is the "Weighted Student Funding Pilot", how do select states plan to use Title II funding, and how does ESSA influence state flexibility in determining teacher evaluation criteria?
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- 2019-20 Middle or High School Inclusion Specialist (SpEd) Teacher ($7,500 signing bonus)
- Bright Star Schools, Los Angeles, California
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Supervisor of Special Education
- Spring-Ford Area School District, Royersford, Pennsylvania
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- Special Education Teacher
- Jewish Child and Family Services, Chicago, Illinois