The latest news about early childhood, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
A comparison of states' preschool enrollment and test scores, and a deeper look at Tennessee's pre-K program bolster arguments that prekindergarten is not the primary solution to closing the achievement gap. (July 18, 2018)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Early Years Blog
Quality Counts is Education Week's annual report on state-level efforts to improve public education. This 19th edition of the report delves into early-childhood education.
Three-fourths of the nation's kindergartners attend full-day programs. Click the map to find enrollment numbers for your state.
Data: Kindergartners Enter More Ready in Math and Literacy, Researchers Say
Kindergarten students in 2010 started school with more math and literacy skills than kindergartners did just 12 years earlier. What changed in that time?
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Principal
- Andover Public Schools, Andover, Massachusetts
- Upper School Spanish Teacher
- The Hun School of Princeton, Princeton, New Jersey
- Product Manager
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- JOB FAIR at THE SEED SCHOOL OF MARYLAND on March 2, 2019 from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
- SEED School of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
- Elementary, Middle and High School Teachers in China
- Dipont Education, China (CN)