The latest news about early childhood, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
After campaigning on the expansion of preschool and other early-childhood programs, governors in California, Colorado, and elsewhere are reflecting those priorities in their budget pitches. (January 30, 2019)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Quality Counts is Education Week's annual report on state-level efforts to improve public education. This 19th edition of the report delves into early-childhood education.
Three-fourths of the nation's kindergartners attend full-day programs. Click the map to find enrollment numbers for your state.
Data: Kindergartners Enter More Ready in Math and Literacy, Researchers Say
Kindergarten students in 2010 started school with more math and literacy skills than kindergartners did just 12 years earlier. What changed in that time?
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Elementary Teacher
- Cherokee Central School, Cherokee, North Carolina
- 4th Grade Teacher
- Saint Hilary School, Tiburon, California