The latest news about early childhood, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
A comparison of states' preschool enrollment and test scores, and a deeper look at Tennessee's pre-K program bolster arguments that prekindergarten is not the primary solution to closing the achievement gap. (July 18, 2018)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Early Years Blog
Quality Counts is Education Week's annual report on state-level efforts to improve public education. This 19th edition of the report delves into early-childhood education.
Three-fourths of the nation's kindergartners attend full-day programs. Click the map to find enrollment numbers for your state.
Data: Kindergartners Enter More Ready in Math and Literacy, Researchers Say
Kindergarten students in 2010 started school with more math and literacy skills than kindergartners did just 12 years earlier. What changed in that time?
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- 2019-2020 Classroom Teacher
- SOAR Elementary School, Denver, Colorado
- Director of Business and Finance
- Westwood Public Schools, Westwood, Massachusetts
- Librarian, US/IB curriculum, Dubai. Aug 2019
- Galvin Education, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Spanish Teachers
- Dothan City Schools, Dothan, Alabama
- Teacher - All Content Areas (Elementary, Math, Science, Special Education, Reading, Spanish, Etc.)
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Anne Arundel County, Maryland