The latest news about diversity in schools, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
Data on hate-related incidents in schools are skimpy, but when slurs are scrawled on bathroom stalls and threatening notes are put in backpacks, it’s clear that hate and intolerance are being boldly expressed in some schools. (August 6, 2018)
Learning the Language Blog
This reporting series highlights some of the unseen disparities that contribute to achievement gaps among students across the nation.
Teaching America’s English-Language Learners
Articles in this special report explore the efforts states and school districts are making to effectively teach English-language learners.
Raising Kings: A Year of Love and Struggle at Ron Brown College Prep (Audio Series)
The three-part audio series Raising Kings profiles a high school for young men of color in Washington, D.C., where educators devote as much time to meeting the social-emotional needs of their students as they do their academic needs.
Identifying and serving advanced ELLs can not only help districts respond to new federal reporting requirements, but build a stronger gifted program too.
Building Bridges to Success for English-Language Learners
Join us for a conversation with researchers and educators to explore how to build bridges, not barriers, to success for English-learners.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Prather Consulting, Clovis, New Mexico
- EdWeek TopSchoolJobs Online Job Fair | DSST Public Schools
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, Denver, Colorado
- EDUCATION PROGRAM MARKETING / SALES SPECIALIST
- Innovative Educational Programs, New York City, New York (US)
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Librarian, US/IB curriculum, Dubai. Aug 2019
- Galvin Education, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)