The latest news about diversity in schools, including articles, opinion essays, and special features.
An internationally known gifted-education center is scouting—and helping to develop—gifted students in after-school programs and pullout classes in one of Maryland’s most challenged school districts. (December 12, 2019)
Education Week Experts
Learning the Language Blog
This reporting series highlights some of the unseen disparities that contribute to achievement gaps among students across the nation.
Raising Kings: A Year of Love and Struggle at Ron Brown College Prep (Audio Series)
The three-part audio series Raising Kings profiles a high school for young men of color in Washington, D.C., where educators devote as much time to meeting the social-emotional needs of their students as they do their academic needs.
Identifying and serving advanced ELLs can not only help districts respond to new federal reporting requirements, but build a stronger gifted program too.
Building Bridges to Success for English-Language Learners
Join us for a conversation with researchers and educators to explore how to build bridges, not barriers, to success for English-learners.
Education Week Quizzes
What are common instructional approaches for teaching ELLs, what is the affect of labels on English-learners, and how are schools educating immigrant children?
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Executive Officer
- New Foundations Charter School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Council Rock School District, Newtown, Pennsylvania
- Online Course Content Writer
- #T.E.A.C.H. (Training Educators And Creating Hope), Plymouth, Michigan
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sheridan County School District 2, Sheridan, Wyoming
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.