The latest news about charter schools, including articles, opinion essays, and special features.
If you're a student attending a virtual charter high school, the chances are pretty high that the majority of your classmates are not going to earn a diploma on time, an Education Week Research Center analysis finds. (April 18, 2019)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
In this e-book on the charter school movement’s first 25 years, Education Week details charter schools’ impact on: public education, school choice initiatives, student achievement, accountability systems, special education students, English-language learners, and equity and integration.
• Charter Schools
With growing evidence that the nation's cyber charter schools are plagued by serious academic and management problems, Education Week conducted a months-long investigation into what is happening in this niche sector of K-12 schooling.
Charter Schools at 25
Twenty-five years ago, Minnesota passed the country's first charter school law. Since then, the charter sector has expanded exponentially. Explore the evolution of charter schools and debate over diversity.
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sheridan County School District 2, Sheridan, Wyoming
- Principal, Middle School (Glasgow)
- Fairfax County Public Schools, Falls Church, VA, US
- Program Director - Carter G Woodson Preparatory Program (Grades K-5)
- Fayette County Public Schools, Lexington, KY, US
- Special Education Teacher
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Elementary Teacher Grade 1-5
- American United School of Kuwait, Kuwait (KW)