Assessment and Testing
The latest news about assessment, including articles, opinion essays, and special features.
District leaders cite evidence that retention doesn’t improve academic outcomes, and argue that holding large groups of students back will disproportionately hurt students of color and kids from low-income families. (June 18, 2020)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Education Week Quiz
How are states using testing as an accountability indicator under ESSA, what types of assessment do teachers value in the classroom, and what techniques are educators using to help students feel less anxious about tests?
Education Week's latest annual state survey reveals subtle shifts this year in the national testing landscape.
VIDEO: WHAT IS FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT?
VIDEO: K-12 PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT TERMS, EXPLAINED
Alternatives to traditional testing aren’t new to schools but interest in them is resurging. What lessons did educators learn from the last go-around with performance measurement? What’s new now? Read our special report.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Seeking an Ambitious and Passionate English High School Teacher
- Archimedean Upper Conservatory, Miami, Florida
- Division Director 1
- WestEd, San Francisco, California
- Director of Public Information - 2020/2021
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School, Lincolnshire, IL, US
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Elementary School Master Teacher
- One City Schools, Madison, Wisconsin