The latest news about the achievement gap, including articles, Commentaries, and special features
Some cities are closely partnering with their school districts to provide an array of academic, health, and behavioral services to raise the odds that poor children are successful. (September 11, 2018)
Education Week Experts
Education Week Quiz
What does the Every Student Succeeds Act say about advanced-achievement data, how are English-language learners represented in gifted education programs, and what areas are facing the largest black-white achievement gaps?
Everybody knows about achievement gaps, but the mechanisms that contribute to educational disparity aren’t always obvious. This six-month series roots out some of the unseen inequities in schools and communities.
• Achievement Gap
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary Teacher
- LaTanja Riley-Hedgepeth - [email protected], Newport News, Virginia
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- School Principal
- Immaculate High School, Danbury, Connecticut
- High School Teacher (Social Studies, Spanish, Counselor, Music/Drama)
- Erie High School in the St. Vrain Valley School District, Erie, Colorado
- High School Principal
- Paramount Unified School District, California