Connect With the Teacher Community
Education Week Teacher provides a variety of ways for teachers to respond to issues in education and engage colleagues in discussion. We consider teachers' voices to be a key part of our coverage of the profession, so we hope you will add your input and perspective. Features to build interactive professional community among teachers are provided with support from MetLife Foundation.
Member Profiles. Registered users can create a community member profile and display name on our site. Uploading a photo to your profile is highly recommended. Members' contributions to the site are collected on the profile page.
Comments. Once you have a display name, you can add comments to any story or blog post on the site. You can also recommend stories, and reply to other commenters and rank their posts.
Discussion Forums. In addition, community members can participate in our extensive discussion forums. We generally post new discussions on key teaching issues every week. To get answers to your questions or help with professional challenges, you can also create your own discussions by clicking on the "Start New Discussion" button in the appropriate forum category.
Book Club Discussions.The Education Week Teacher Book Club, meanwhile, is a lively, author-led online forum where teacher leaders gather to discuss new books on hot-button instructional and policy issues. You can sign up here for updates and a chance to win a free book.
E-newsletter. To keep up to date with community activities and opportunities for connection, make sure you subscribe to our weekly Teacher Update newsletter.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel
- The Gan at Adas Israel, Washington D.C.
- Classroom Teacher
- Carondelet Leadership Academy, Saint Louis, Missouri
- Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Remote English Teaching for Rural Chinese Children (Up to 30$/hour)
- Teachplus, Working from home
- Senior Director of Supports for Instruction (Smarter Balanced)
- Smarter Balanced, Working from home