Recertification: It’s obscure. It’s ill-understood. It’s never studied. But most teachers have to meet these continuing education requirements every five years. This special report takes a hard look at recertification, posing questions about how it could be strengthened to support teachers better. The stories include an overview of the diverse provider landscape, perspective pieces by current and former teachers, and profiles of states thinking about how to innovate their license-renewal systems.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- 2019-2020 Classroom Teacher
- SOAR Elementary School, Denver, Colorado
- INNOVATION SCHOOL FOUNDING PRINCIPAL (19-20 School Year) (1338)
- Ferguson-Florissant School District, Saint Louis, Missouri
- Singapore American School High School Principal
- RG175, Singapore (SG)
- Elementary School Principal
- Wayland Public Schools, Wayland, Massachusetts
- Teacher - All Content Areas (Elementary, Math, Science, Special Education, Reading, Spanish, Etc.)
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Anne Arundel County, Maryland