Cities in Crisis
Excerpt From Introduction
Graduation rates have become a prominent feature in the landscape of high school reform and within the larger world of educational policy. Studies conducted over the past several years have repeatedly demonstrated that far fewer American students are completing high school with diplomas than had previously been realized. Whereas the conventional wisdom had long placed the graduation rate around 85 percent, a growing consensus has emerged that only about seven in 10 students are actually successfully finishing high school. Graduation rates are even lower among certain student populations, particularly racial and ethnic minorities and males.
Click here to download the full report.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal - Environmental Charter High School (ECHS)
- Environmental Charter School, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Elementary School Teacher
- Legends Charter School, Lanham, Maryland
- Multiple Positions
- Legacy Academy of Excellence Charter School, Rockford, Illinois